Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2002-042-P-001-001
Object Name Print, photographic
Description Upper Zion Post Office shortly before it was closed forever. Standing in the doorway is Frank M. Houston who was appointed postmaster in 1929. The Post Office was closed when the Army took over the land in Caroline County to establish Camp A.P. Hill in the early 1940s.
Date 1941
Photographer Jack Delano
Title Upper Zion Post Office
Collection Ralph England
People Delano, Jack
Houston, Frank M.
Search Terms Caroline County
Upper Zion